I have become aware lately that some Home Inspectors are calling growth spores “MOLD”. These inspectors are doing a disservice to everyone involved… especially their own clients! Unless the spores are collected and sent to a lab for testing where they are proven to be mold, the word ‘mold’ should not be assigned to them. Mildew is quite common and it does not pose any sizable amount of health hazards… and it should not be confused with mold that can present health hazards.

If you know of an Inspector that is doing this please ask him or her to contact me or to do some research first. Just trying to protect the integrity of my industry! InspectorRay@Hotmail.com

Mold and Mildew – Same or Different?